If you are looking for a job as an administrative assistant, you need to study carefully all the information about which skills are important for this specific job. This information will help you writing or modifying your resume to make it just right. The role of a resume in a job search is huge because it should distinguish you from other candidates and present you as a person who knows what this job is about and knows how to do it. If you are not sure of your ability to write a catchy job application, you can get your administrative assistant resume from Resumarea – a professional resume writing company operating online.
The resume should catch the attention of the recruiter from the very first lines. So working on the resume it is important to give enough of attention to your job objective statements. Job objective statement is something that usually goes right after the name in the resume. It should make the recruiter want to read your application further. Keep on reading to know more about job objective statements and to learn how to write a good one.
When is the Job Objective Statement Appropriate
Job objective statement points to your professional goals and describes why you are worthy of this position. Putting An objective statement in your CV is appropriate in case:
- You change your career.
- You have a little or no experience.
- Your experience is too diverse and there is no focus in it.
Writing your resume you should understand the difference between good and bad job objective statement. A good objective statement should describe what you are willing to do and what skills you have to help the company work and be a useful employee. And you definitely should not paint on what you expect from working in the company and from this experience. This is the opposite of what the recruiter wants to read in your resume.
How to Make a Good Job Objective Statement
As a professional, you probably know why you are worthy of the position you are applying for, but how to let the recruiter know about this without excessive self-confidence? The main thing in writing the job objective statement, as well as the resume itself is that you should keep it short and informative. There should not be long speeches on how well you fit into the role of administrative assistant, everything should be clear from a couple of sentences. An effective objective statement consists of three sentences:
- A sentence that describes your experience in the field and the responsibilities you had at the previous job.
- A sentence that describes the skills that make you a good candidate for this particular position.
- The sentence that describes your education, degree and any additional certificates related to the desired position.
An important thing about skills and education is that they need to be specific, not just any skill that you think will fit in here. These are the skills required for the administrative assistant, which can be used to compose a job objective statement:
- Communication skills
- Telephone negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Documentation skills
- Possession of basic office programs
- Administrative skills.
Alternatives to a Job Objective Statement
Sometimes putting job objective statement in the resume just doesn’t feel right and you doubt whether it is worthwhile to write it at all. In this case, you can use some alternatives:
- Start your resume with the professional title “Administrative Assistant” – short and clear.
- If you have been working for a long time on the position of administrative assistant, then the line with your former work will be quite convincing. Add to the chronological description of your experience an information about the responsibilities, acquired skills, and personal achievements and this will be enough.
- You can use the statement section to describe your experience and the qualities that make you a perfect candidate for the position of administrative assistant.
And this is all you need to know to write good job objective statement for an administrative assistant resume. Remember that the most important is to keep it short and informative. In case you are doubting if it looks good then use one of the alternatives.